Version 0.39 contains almost all of the last changes needed to complete our Alpha build turn-in. We hope you enjoy it!
Version 0.39 Change Log:
Turbulence (Environmental Effect):
- The luggage dropped by turbulence is now randomly placed in the aisles to make gameplay more dynamic.
- In future releases, picking up luggage will grant a multiplier.
- Animations have been cleaned up and corrected.
- New pickup animation for the player.
How-To Play Screen:
- Pressing the F1 key on the keyboard brings up a How-To Play screen. This screen lists many features and shows to the player what they need to do complete a level or answer any unanswered questions about the game.
- The How-To screen now has multiple pages to make reading it easier.
- There will be a tutorial plane down the road for helping ease new players into the game, but for now this screen should mitigate any confusion about gameplay aspects. We hope it helps! 🙂
- The shop state is presented at the end of a successful level completion. At maximum you obtain $1000 per playthrough.
- The Cart costs $1000 less now, from $2000 making it $1000.
- The peanuts are not fully implemented, and the button should not work.
- The Cart has been removed from normal gameplay, as it is a purchasable upgrade obtained from the shop state.
- The Cart can now be upgraded through the shop to increase its number of inventory spaces.
- The Credit State has been added with placeholder assets, these assets have been updated slightly.
- The Cart is now upgradeable.
Win Screen / Loss Screen:
- The player now dances on the win screen.
- The passengers now get a “running start” as they jump out of the plane.
- The audio for the game has been replaced with the yet another new sound bank.
- All temporary sounds have been replaced with new, more relevant sounds. Pending feedback they may change.
- The installer now creates a desktop shortcut during installation to make it easier to get to the game. 🙂
You can download the current copy of our build on our Download Page.